Sponsored Ads

Monday, August 25, 2014

Mercy Johnson Talks About Hiding In The Truck Of Her Friends Car The First Time She Met Her Idol, Genevieve Nnaji!!!!




Wow! who knew Nollywood star, Mercy Johnson who is reportedly the highest paid actress in the industry was inspired by fellow star, Genevieve Nnaji?  Mercy recently made it known that screen goddess, Gen is her number one role model...She was her role ldol!!!

More after the jump!!!







Speaking on her love and admiration for Gen, Mercy said......

"I think i have the best role model ever. I like Genevieve like crazy. I started watching her movies from the onset and but i didn't want to be Genevieve, I wanted to be Mercy Johnson with the motivation that a Genevieve could give me. So i watched lots of movies. I don't play with her movies. I don't know what i can do that will be better than what she has done. But i just try to improve on it, try to do it the way she would do it and perhaps even better to my own level. I practice like all the time. It is like a passion. It is just where i want to be. I am alive and I am in my space. It was paramount to perfect that space. I need everything. I watch everything. Nothing passes me by. I watch newscasters reading their news and after they are done, i sit down the way they do and read the news like that. So it is practice and passion.
It was never hypocritical kind of love and likeness. It was plain. I didn't even ever think i will become close to her. It is like i can meet her anytime i want to"




Talking on her first meeting with her idol, the actress said....

Ahh, the first time i met her, my friend took me there. When we got to where she was, I became nervous. I told my friend "no, let me hide in your boot" and i did. I git into her boot. Can you imagine, i came to see her and when i got there, i wanted to run back. I jumped into my friend's boot. So, when she came out of the hotel, I could not see her, I could only hear her voice. The second time i saw her was on set. When she came down and i met her, she said, "Ahh, Mercy, i like your movies" I started crying. I was in tears of joy. I said, "Auntie Genny, so you watch my movies?" She was sort of embarrassed. Before i met her, she had already known that there was somebody who was crazily insane about her. She was really nice to me, receptive. And even when we work together, she will correct me and say, that thing you just did, you could have done it this way. Usually, in life you would know somebody, who is more than you. Give him or her that respect. You can't fight a battle you can't win. It does not make sense. If somebody is much more bigger than you, there is nothing as big as admitting it and hearing it from that person. I didn't come into the picture to compete with anybody. i came to learn, do it well, make it and be there"

Nice one Mercy. The anointing you respect is that anointing you attract. Keep it up girl!!!

Photo Credit ~ BellaNaija

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts