Sponsored Ads

Tuesday, July 1, 2014

World Cup 2014: Nigeria Is Out, Stephen Keshi & Joseph Yobo Quit Super Eagles!!!!

Nigeria's Super Eagle's coach, Stephen Keshi has tendered his resignation following Super Eagle's exit from the world cup in Brazil.



Speaking on Monday evening after Eagles loss to France, Keshi said it was time to move on....

"I have to go back to my family and face fresh challenges" he said.





The captain of the team Joseph Yobo also retired from international football following their exit. Yobo told BBC Sport, it was sad and but glorious end to his career as Nigeria failed to make their first ever quarter-final.

"This is it. I can look back on my career with great pride" he said."It's time to give a chance to other people to come through. Our football has a bright future and I am confident this team can achieve success sooner than later"





"I wanted to leave on a high for my country. Defeat by France was not the right way to go but I'm happy with all I have done for the national team" he added


We wish them well......Now, what do you think of their retirement? Let's hear from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts