Sponsored Ads

Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Genevieve Nnaji Speaks About Why She Has Taken A Break From Nollywood!!!!!

Most Nollywood movie lovers have been wondering why screen goddess, Genevieve Nnaji has not featured much in recent flicks.........Her last major roles were in 2012 "Ije" and "Tango With Me" In April she appeared in  "Half Of A Yellow Sun" where she played a real minor role, that had people wondering what was really going on?......Well, we've got the 411.





Speaking in a recent interview with Punch, the queen of Nollywood, blamed it all on lack of good quality script!
Yep! you better believe that......the lady is not going to have her name on a movie that doesn't make sense.......... You have to come correct!!
Now, that's how you know a truly successful actress. It's no longer about the money but about the legacy...I feel you girlfriend, level don change!!!


This is what she said.........

"I guess I haven't found the right script yet. Creativity and depth are the qualities that I look out for in a script. In the beginning the movie industry emphasized but things are changing and there is an improvement in trend. I am among the people who advocated for the improvement of the industry. So said, I am constantly watching out for the kind of stories I take part in. I am in support of movies that show a great deal of professionalism and creativity. Having practiced my art in international and professionally produced stories like "Ije", "Mirror Boy" and "Tango With Me". I don't think I can return to the blandness and mediocrity that characterized Nollywood in the past"




The lovely actress also spoke on her personal style and what determines her red carpet look...

"My mood and comfort level also determines my choice of clothing. I don't think there are many clothes I would not try on. I am very daring when it comes to fashion"


How many of you knew that Gen, was also into charity works? Well, it turned out she does. It's a side of her she barely speaks about, but on this day she decided to......

"I mentor quite a number of young women. But under the "Saint Genevieve Foundation", we currently sponsor about 12 girls per session. The foundation aims to assist young girls to become independent and self sufficient through both financial and social support" she said.


Asked when she plans to slow things down or retire, she said....."I will retire when I am too old and weary to carry on"


I love this woman and I miss her acting.....She was totally born to do this......Oya o! somebody please, write a good script...lol





No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts