Sponsored Ads

Monday, January 27, 2020

Angelique Kidjo Takes Home A Grammy And Gives A Audience Arousing Performance Of “Afirika".......***Video***

Nigerians react to Burna boy

International superstar and Africa's music goddess, Angelique Kidjo took home the award for Best World Music Album for 'Celia' at the 62nd Grammy Awards on Sunday evening, making it her fourth win in the category and fourth Grammy wins overall.

Accepting her award, Kidjo took the time to celebrate a new generation of artist from African who are representing the Continent through their music. She also gave props to the once who came before her for their contributions to world music, especially her idol, Celia Cruz.
Here is what she said: 
 "Four years ago on this stage, I was telling you that the new generations of artists coming from Africa gonna take you by storm and the time has come," Kidjo said. "Celia Cruz, for me she's the goddess of salsa. She's the queen of salsa. She is one of those artists that taught me at a young age that my gender cannot define who I am, that I can do everything I wanted to do."

Watch Kidjo's performance after the jump!!!


Kidjo beat fellow nominees, Altin Gün ,  Bokanté, Burna Boy and Natalie Joachim. She also gave a epic performance of "Afrika" during the Premiere Ceremony.

The Benin Republic born artist dedicated her win to fellow nominee, Burna Boy, stating that the Nigerian artist was one of the few African artist changing the way African music was viewed in the western world. 

Congratulation Ms. Kidjo! And thank you for always representing us well

1 comment:

  1. Are you in anyway having difficulties in family, having issues with marital affairs, well i am here to let the world know how i came in contact with Dr. IZOYA, early this year, i was diagnosed of prostrate cancer and a fibroid, i kept on living with the sickness in me and this lead to a miscarriage while i was pregnant, this brought alot problems to my family and marriage, along the line, my husband said he could not continue with the marriage because we have been to soo many medical institutions not knowing my case was a spiritual one. My husband left me, on my search on how i could get him back, i came across Dr. IZOYA whom i explained my problems to, and he made a powerful charm and promised to help me, i did all the things he asked and after some days i got a call from hospital to come for my medical reports, when i got there, i was diagnosed and behold i have no medical problems anymore, same day i got a text from my EX begging if he could return home. What a double blessings and with excitement i drop his email for those facing spiritualism, so he can be of great help... drizayaomosolution@gmail.com, contact him and see.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts