Sponsored Ads

Monday, January 11, 2016

Taraji P Henson Picks Up Her First Golden Globe Awards!!!

Taraji P. Henson accepts the Golden Globe for best actress in a TV series drama for her work on ‘Empire.’

Who knew playing an ex-convict will take her around the world.....It sure did! 

Two decades after after her debut in the film industry Taraj P Henson takes home her first Golden Globe award for Best Actress in a Television series, Drama for her role as Cookie Lyon on "Empire".

As she worked to the stage to collect her award, the 45-year old handed cookies to anyone in her way, in honor of her character.

She later said that her cookie dispensing at the Golden Globes was not cooked up ahead of time.
"I just did not expect them to call my name. I never do," she said backstage after collecting her award for best actress in a TV drama.
"When they called my name, it was like, visceral. I was like, 'Well, the cookies are here. I guess I should hand them out!" she recalled with a laugh. "I don't know. I guess it was just the spontaneous moment."
She said they went fast, so she had no more to share backstage.
"I gave them all away. One went to Angela Bassett. One went to Gaga. And the last one went to Leonardo DiCaprio. I mean, what do you want from me?" she said.
She said the decision to play Cookie on "Empire" was the biggest risk of her career. 
See more photos after the jump!!!



A very excited Henson, took her precious time with her speech and as she got signals from the award show's producers to round up her speech because of time, the beautiful actress in her true Cookie fashion, shot that down real quickly with this statement......

"I waited 20-years for this! My friends, they've been praying for this, they are all like 'yeah, yeah, hope you get it. You, got to give me time"




Henson is already celebrating as she arrives for the ceremony. She apparently handed out cookies, in honor of her character, backstage.
The actress is photographed celebrating her win backstage!!!

Congratulations girl! Now let's shoot for the Oscar***winks***

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts