Sponsored Ads

Monday, July 13, 2015

Tennis Great, Serena Williams Slays At Wimbledon Championship Dinner!!!

Serena+Williams+Wimbledon+Champions+Dinner+dZEprzyMmOGl


Tennis great, Serena Williams won her sixth Wimbledon Championship on Saturday July 12th, bringing to 21 the total number of Grand-slam wins, thereby making her a living legend in her field. 
For the Wimbledon champions dinner on Sunday night, the  33-year old stepped out looking absolutely fabulous. If she wanted to rise above all the racist insults that dogged her  since her win, including a New York Times article which depicted her as manly and beastly when comparing her to other white female tennis players, she accomplished that as deftly as she has won three of the four Grand Slam tournaments this year.
 Williams admitted that getting comfortable in her powerful physique was a journey. It’s one that has taken her to the cover of Vogue, a place more usually reserved for celebrities and models, and to ESPN the Magazine’s Body Issue.
With 20 major victories since 1999, Williams has been world’s most dominant athlete, and often its most controversial during that span. In spite of that, she admitted that she struggled with “societal norms,” even covering her arms “because when I do people don’t recognize me as much” as she sought to prove that feminism and athleticism can peacefully co-exist.
“I don’t touch a weight, because I’m already super fit and super cut, and if I even look at weights, I get bigger,” she told Ben Rothenberg. “For years I’ve only done Thera-Bands and things like that, because that’s kind of how I felt. But then I realized that you really have to learn to accept who you are and love who you are. I’m really happy with my body type, and I’m really proud of it. Obviously it works out for me. I talk about it all the time, how it was uncomfortable for someone like me to be in my body.”
See more photos after the jump!!!


Serena+Williams+Wimbledon+Champions+Dinner+-hkS-9B47npl
Serena+Williams+Wimbledon+Champions+Dinner+lCNJxcWRD2Pl
Serena+Williams+Wimbledon+Champions+Dinner+2VCCAp6GjWFl

Glad you're comfortable in your skin. You are one beautiful lady. let no one tell you otherwise. Congratulations on your win. We are proud of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts