Sponsored Ads

Thursday, May 29, 2014

The Words Of Wisdom From Maya Angelou To Tupac "2pac" Shakur That Brought The Rapper To Tears***VIDEO***

Dr. Maya Angelou died yesterday, May 28th, 2014. She had an illustrious career as a poet, singer, dancer and director. She leaves behind an impeccable legacy. And throughout her life she touched a lot of people worldwide. Her influence on many of today's INFLUENCE-RS to do better cannot be over-emphasized. Many of the celebrities often went to her for advice and she welcomed them with open hands; she considered them her children....

"Richard Pryor, Dave Chappelle, Chris Rock --- a number of men have come here to my home in North Carolina to talk to me and asked me how i feel about this and that. They are all my children, I've accepted them as my children" she said in a 2013 interview with CNN's Gorge Stroumboulopoulos 




She recalled her conversation with late rapper Tupac Shakur on the set of the movie "Poetic Justice". The movie which starred Tupac alongside Janet Jackson also featured Maya Angelou in a cameo appearance.
Her poem "Phenomenal Woman" was also used in the production. According to Ms. Angelou, the rapper was having an altercation with another friend, so she pulled him aside and had a word with him.....

"I didn't know who he was. He was into a big row with another young man, so i said to him...may i speak to you. And he was cursing, whooo....And i said, when was the last time anyone told you how important you are? Did you know people stood on auction block and were bought and sold so that you could stay alive today? And finally he heard me and stopped talking and started to weep. I put my arms around him and walked him back into the arena and he quieted. I went back into my trailer and Janet Jackson came running in and said, 'Dr Angelou, i don't believe you actually spoke to Tupac Shakur!' And i said, 'Darling, i don't know 6pack. I had never heard of him"



Tupac Shakur & Janet Jackson in the1993 movie, 'Poetic Justice. Tupac died a few years later in 1996....



When asked about her teaching method, the literary icon said......

"I'm loving but tough. I've worked very hard and I want the young people to know you have to work very hard"


                                                YOU'VE  GOT TO WATCH THIS!!!
    MAYA ANGELOU RECALLS HER EMOTIONAL CHAT WITH LATE TUPAC SHAKUR.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts