Sponsored Ads

Tuesday, August 9, 2016

"I Am Enough".....Uzo Aduba, Talks Self-Acceptance in The September Issue Of Essence Magazine!!!



Y'all know it's totally impossible to talk about "Orange is the New Black" without talking about my girl, Uzo Aduba. The actress who won two Emmys and two SAG Awards for her role as Suzanne "Crazy Eyes" Warren is on the cover of the September issue of Essence magazine. In it the 35-year old speaks about breaking into the industry and self acceptance.....The many times an up and coming Aduba was asked to change something about herself in order to meet certain expectations. To her credit, she ignored that advise and forged her own part to stardom....

See more after the jump!!!

Uzo Aduba, Essence

"This business will try to convince you that you're not enough. That you're not pretty enough, thin enough, talented enough, interesting enough, experienced enough, and I say, 'Enough. Enough with that!' Who are you to tell me that I am not enough when I know that I am more than enough? I cannot subscribe to anyone else's idea of how I am meant to look, what size I am meant to be, whether I have a gap in my teeth, how I'm supposed to behave, what your idea of what my black womanhood is supposed to look like,"  Aduba tells Essence, staying true to herself. 

"No. This is me. I am just Uzo. I can't be anything other than that, and I don't want to be."
The new issue hits news-stand on Aug. 12th.....

You go girl! You are enough and we love you....Just keep doing you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts